Spicy Chicken Strips
Preparation: 10 minutes, Cook: 15-20 minutes
- 500g boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp Hibiscus Lily hot and spicy date and tamarind chutney
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (olive, sunflower)
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste (chutney contains some salt)
- Lemon wedges and a few coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to moderately hot 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Line a tray 15”x10” with aluminium foil and spray little oil onto it to stop chicken sticking.
- Cut chicken into strips of your preferred size.
- Prepare marinade by mixing date and tamarind chutney, cooking oil, plain yogurt, coriander leaves, garlic clove, salt into paste using a mini food processor or a blender.
- Add chicken to a medium size bowl and coat it well with the marinade and leave it in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- Spread the marinated chicken strips onto the prepared tray and cook in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the chicken strips are cooked through.Serve hot or cold with salad, as a starter or with couscous or rice as a main dish.