Fruity & Spicy Carrot Salad (vegetarian)
Serves: 4 Preparation: 10 minutes
- 500g peeled and grated carrots
- 2 tbsp Hibiscus Lily tangy and spicy date and tamarind chutney
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice (extra virgin olive oil, toasted sesame seed oil, walnut oil)
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- 1 tbsp cranberries
- 2 tbsp lightly toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- sea salt according to taste
- coarsely ground black pepper according to taste
- Add carrots, spring onions, raisins, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, coriander leaves, mint leaves into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together date and tamarind chutney with oil of your choice, salt and black pepper and mix with the ingredients in the large bowl.
This healthy dish makes a great side dish or a starter (add cheese of your choice cut into cubes). It is quick to make and adds colour and variety to a summer buffet or a barbeque, and makes a good accompaniment to pastry based appetisers with cocktails. It also goes well with Indian snacks such as pakoras or samosas.